Sunday, December 26, 2010


Battle of Stalingrad has been turning point for Germany and WW-II in general. It is an incredible, incredible story of blinding passion, fear, deceit, suppression, and patriotism. They way Antony Beevor has told it makes it better than fiction and unputdownable. Books are for all seasons and you can read and enjoy them whenever you want, but this book is meant to be read in winter as cruel winter was one of many reasons Germany fell to Russia. While reading turn off the heat for a "better" experience. It will freeze your spine, both literally and metaphorically.

Mac has a great app called Delicious Library. It scans barcode of stuff (not just books) that you own through Mac's camera, finds info about them and adds to your collection. I have these books in my library. Books in first row are the ones which I have yet to read or reading (i.e. Stalingrad). Others are the ones that I have read. A lot of them either couldn't be recognized (e.g. The Fountainhead), returned wrong item (e.g. Anna Karenina) or didn't have barcodes altogether (e.g. Othello).

@H: I found that book buried deep in pile. Let me know if you still want me to return that ;-)

 
  • Anonymous Anonymous said...
    December 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    Return it asap! baqi i shud visit your place sometime to pick some books (and you can visit mine!)

    -H
  • Anonymous JAK said...
    January 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    yeaaah... I was just going to ask which row hosts books that you have not returned yet :)

home


Post a Comment