Monday, January 11, 2010

One of weird things about me is that being a Punjabi I *love* punjabi songs that employ traditional lyrics but modern music. So to quench this eternal thirst, I sometimes listen to BBC Asian Network radio. The only show that I am able to listen to most of the times is The Adil Ray Show. It's not that Adil Ray plays Punjabi music all the time, it's just that he is a fun loving guy.

So, today when I tuned in (after many days) I found presenters confused about a part of lyrics from a song they had played earlier. It was that why would a shoe make noise as the singer sang "jooti choon choon kerdi aa". Instantly, I sent in an email describing the reason. Adil Ray read it online. Can you freaking believe it? Doesn't happen often.

Listen to the recording of the show at following link. If you can't wait for 2 hours, 28 minutes and 56 seconds, just move the play bar to 2:27:57 to listen when he reads my email.

The Adil Ray Show 11/01/2010

 
  • Anonymous JAK said...
    January 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    wow!!
  • Anonymous Dinky Mind said...
    January 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    Lol. Nice song.
  • Anonymous Asma said...
    January 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM
    So juti choo choo kardi aye? I always find lyrics of abrar's songs so entertaining ... pakki punjabi .. *Punjabi Rocks*

    ps: you get iPlayer working in pakistan?
  • Blogger Vaqas said...
    January 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Asma, no, iPlayer doesn't work here! I just made a guess that they would be talking about a squeaky shoe and then sent in an email and then made another guess that they would have read it at that specific point in time.

    I am glad all my guesses are right.
  • Anonymous YWB said...
    January 17, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    ^ LOLS wow am amazed wid ur guesses lol


    how come u never write me any emails .... and wrote to these random ppl :S

    errrr *naraz*
  • Blogger Vaqas said...
    January 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    YWB, get a radio show and I will start sending you emails.

home


Post a Comment