Saturday, August 1, 2009

The first time I checked Nike's "Just Do It." line, I was like "What a stupid tagline. What does it imply?" Until recently I was unaware of the genius behind it.
Remember my colleagues who decided to quit after first day of trekking? We actually got in serious arguments. Their point was that they couldn't move because of pain. My point was that I was having equal amount of strained muscles and pain but "we should do it." Because through my personal experience I came to find that one can override muscle exhaustion by doing more muscle exhausting work. Essentially, I believe that the more you stretch yourself the stronger you get. Something like "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

So, when you are running or hiking, there would be many times when you would feel energy-less. A voice in your head would tell you to stop. And that's exactly when the real thing starts.
That's where "Just Do It." starts to make sense.

In such a situation I realized how great marketing people Nike has.

 
  • Anonymous Anonymous said...
    August 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    I love Nike

home


Post a Comment