Sunday, June 28, 2009

Like I have mentioned before, I am not a very social person. When someone asks me that how many friends I have, I always find it troubling to answer.

University is a place when you get the chance to make truckloads of friends in an instance. I made 1? Merely because he was grouped with me on several projects. I think I posted about him years back.

So, coming to the point that why I am not an acceptable friend. The reason: I use my own fucking brain. That's it.

Generally, in society, being friends means accepting and supporting your friend's views and arguments without giving them any thoughts. Being friends means to depend on each other. Being friends means to be ready to kick someone's ass because he kicked your friend's. Remember your best friend? How he never argued about your believes? I am none like that.

Here's what happened a couple of months back.

I had this neighbor named Farhan, he was my housemate's friend. He would come occasionally to hangout. I went with him few times too. We had fun watching movies and eating midnight dinners. Along the way we argued about a lot of things. He is a very religious person, but you won't believe from his appearance. Arguments, that were going healthy, suddenly turned sour. One fine day he tells me that he thought I was his friend but just because I argue, we couldn't be friends. I found it extremely funny and laughed my heads off. He never showed up again. His opinion: I should not think in friendship, I should only support.

I believe in a healthy friendship, you do not depend on each other. You hear, comprehend and tolerate each other's opinions. You be yourself. Your best friend is not the person who is ready to support you. Your best friend is the person who is ready to listen and understand you. That is the sincerest form of honesty. If someone is ready to support my opinion without understanding it, I would find it offensive.

P.S: I have this weird sense of humor too. So, chances are next to zero.

 
  • Anonymous Dinky Mind said...
    June 28, 2009 at 11:15 PM
    You are .... weird! :P
  • Anonymous Asma said...
    June 30, 2009 at 3:40 PM
    see arguments are so necessary ... well, wonder what kind of people are these. with my bestest of friends, 85% of our time is spent in arguing ;)
  • Anonymous YWB said...
    July 1, 2009 at 1:25 AM
    well so stupid of him.... i dont believe in such thing... infact i wouldnt like ma frds to jst blindly agreeing with me...

    and i disagree wid ma frd dinky mind :P no u r not weird....
  • Anonymous Dinky Mind said...
    July 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Miss YWB: Calling him weird is a very mild expression. You just don't know him. :P
    I know him so well, right [V]? :P
  • Blogger Vaqas said...
    July 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    ladies, don't fight over me :)
  • Blogger Umema Siddiqi said...
    July 1, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    Hahaha... [V] and his khush-fehmian :P
  • Anonymous YWB said...
    July 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Miss DM


    i am not talking abt V.... *smacking ma head*
  • Anonymous Anonymous said...
    July 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    Well then what makes relationships go? Tolerance towards others attitudes and weaknesses or opening up owns heart and mind at any cost even for letting go ones relationship?

    If you know what i meant :)
  • Blogger Vaqas said...
    July 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    I hope I understood you correctly but tolerance is NOT a weakness or compromise. It's acknowledging the right of others to have opinions.
    I am always in support of being yourself, to have your own thoughts. If someone does not support you being yourself, I would say that relationship is doomed. So a perfect relationship is there if people actually listen, understand and respect each other's right of self-expression.

home


Post a Comment